Thread: Let's talk about stadium expansion

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
    Colorado needs that money bad. Their facilities are way behind the curve. Folsom Field is cool though.

Our new football center is looking good and looks to be nearing completion.
    I heard from a buddy that it is ahead of schedule and looks impressive. Nicely done Dr. Hill.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    I heard from a buddy that it is ahead of schedule and looks impressive. Nicely done Dr. Hill.
    This football center is a big upgrade from what we had before. The new center looks great, it is much larger and nicer.

Now we should enclose the south stands at the stadium. Imagine how loud that would be down there.

Hell, I'm doing my part by renewing my season tickets.

Edit*

Does anybody know how many seats that expansion would add to the seating capacity of Rice-Eccles?

Hill said that some teams were looking to reduce seating capacity in their stadiums and that Utah and Oregon were the only two consistently at capacity. I'm thinking around 55,000 seats sounds like a good PAC 12 average, and I think the Utes could get that filled for big games right now, let alone future growth.
    Last edited by Devildog; 02-21-2013 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
    This football center is a big upgrade from what we had before. The new center looks great, it is much larger and nicer.

Now we should enclose the south stands at the stadium. Imagine how loud that would be down there.

Hell, I'm doing my part by renewing my season tickets.

Edit*

Does anybody know how many seats that expansion would add to the seating capacity of Rice-Eccles?

Hill said that some teams were looking to reduce seating capacity in their stadiums and that Utah and Oregon were the only two consistently at capacity. I'm thinking around 55,000 seats sounds like a good PAC 12 average, and I think the Utes could get that filled for big games right now, let alone future growth.
    I think The expansion is shooting for between 55,000 and 60,000. What Hill doesn't mention is that those other programs that are reducing their capacity is because they can't fill up all 85,000 seats and a packed house looks better on TV. I think if they set up a real waiting list for season tix, including new ticket holders and current ones wanting to expand, they would see there is demand for tickets. Though much will be said for ticket sales when renewal comes to a close and the remainder go on sale. Last year had a 98% renewal rate and after that season I think it'll drop a little.