Thread: The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    tony Dungy said this very thing this morning on Dan Patrick. Said he had been contacted by USC, told them he wasn't interested. Said college game is completely different than the NFL game, and they should look at college coaches--Sumlin, Peterson, Franklin. Also said the offensive coordinator at the Colts would be a great hire, because he used to be an offensive coordinator at Stanford, and knows recruiting in the Pac 12 and the college game.

Also implied that Sumlin might not take it b/c the A&M job is a better job than USC at this point, or at least equal.

Sorry--I just read Sancho's post before I wrote this, and now went back and saw that LA Ute said the same thing.
    Although it must be said that Pete Carll was twice a failed NFL coach and that worked out well (except for Reggie Bush and the agents). They have to hav glitz to market in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Although it must be said that Pete Carll was twice a failed NFL coach and that worked out well (except for Reggie Bush and the agents). They have to hav glitz to market in LA.
    Mora Jr seems to be another example. It can clearly happe. All I'm saying is - why take the risk when there are some sure things out there?

Dungy and Gruden bring the "glitz," but Del Rio and Fischer?