Thread: The Evolution Thread

Hybrid View

Wow. 50X depth is really good sequencing data.

as for the Kennewick man, I wonder why the Corps of Engineers is not allowing acquisition of additional material for DNA extraction. After losing the case, what is their rationale?

Quote Originally Posted by jrj84105 View Post
    Wow. 50X depth is really good sequencing data.

as for the Kennewick man, I wonder why the Corps of Engineers is not allowing acquisition of additional material for DNA extraction. After losing the case, what is their rationale?
    My Occam's Razor explanation is that they are just being jerks. The DOJ can be that way about some things.

OTOH, maybe Kennewick Man was really an alien from another planet whose space ship crashed in Kennewick, and the Air Force accidentally left him behind when they moved the rest of his shipmates to Area 51....

Nah. They're just being jerks.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell