Thread: You've got dysentery... The Oregon road trip

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I don't think we deserved that one based on how hard we tried to give it away at the end...but I'll take it. It's great to be 2-0 right before playing the best two teams in the conference.
    Does the needlessly nerve-wracking finish say anything about Larry's game-end coaching? Or is it just one game?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Does the needlessly nerve-wracking finish say anything about Larry's game-end coaching? Or is it just one game?
    Well, it was nice this time to see the other team botch the late inbounds play.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

I don't know, but he started to drain clock to early in my opinion.

I guess barefield is the closest we have to someone who can create his own shot, so he should have the ball in low shot clock situations. I just don't think that's a good look for us.

Tweets this am that Seeley has been conditioning two-a-days and will return for Ariz.

I don't have a problem running the shot clock down sub 10, but when defenses figure out that's what you're doing, it may help to get aggressive early in the clock as a change up.

More than anything, I think yesterday was a case of going against a coach who is equally fanatical about defense as LK, ie, "the enemy has a vote" factor. Also, our guys tightened up a little with the regular offense, and the Beavs - though frustrated by the refs - probably felt like they were going to win.

Tight game, gut-check victory, glad we don't play them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
    I don't have a problem running the shot clock down sub 10,
    Yeah, but in this game, we had a hard enough time getting good shots using the entire shot clock. Running it was nuts. With a 5 point lead? Sure. With a 3 point lead and 3 minutes to go? Crazy.