Thread: Qb - 2018

Qb - 2018

Players lost: Troy Williams, Cooper Bateman
    Players gained: Some guy from So Cal...who am I kidding, the King Tut, Mr. Jack Tuttle
    Players returning: Snoop, the man with the plan, the Legs, the Wonder Kid, the elevator of QB's, the Sunshine Man, Tyler Huntley. And Jason Shelley, the silent assassin.
    Projected Starters: Tyler Huntley

We are only two days into to spring, as Jack has looked good. Quick release, tightest spiral this side of the Mississippi. The future is bright.

But, Huntley has decided to do his best to put this competition to bed as soon as possible. It sounds like Huntley has really separated himself from the other two QB's. How amazing is that. Gunther, as divisive as he can be, has made an incredible point the last couple of days.

This is the first year we have had an offensive coordinator multiple years with a QB for multiple years. And it sounds like it shows.

How do you embed tweets?

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    How do you embed tweets?
    [twitter]twitterpostnumber[/twltter]

Just use the long number at the end of the link you copy from twitter between the bracketed portions. And spell twitter correctly in both brackets, I had to misspell the 2nd one with an "l" instead of an "i" to make the text appear in this post.
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 03-06-2018 at 11:09 PM.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Steve Bartle:

The quality of play at QB is so much better
    Wow...Have seen some impressive throws from the QB's today
    Simpkins and Huntley have been unstoppable so far. Their chemistry is off the charts, Huntley has found Simpkins early and often
    Brad Rock:
    Jack Tuttle, one quick look: He's got serious touch on his pass
    Hans Olsen:
    Good luck to any QB trying to pry the start from Tyler Huntley. He's a dominant presence on the field right now.
    I asked Taylor how many carries a game he would like to see from Huntley in a game...6-8 called runs
    Andrew Fronce:
    All of the QBs were making good throws today, but Huntley was the most consistent perfomer.
    Jeremiah Jensen:
    Make no mistake, Tyler Huntley is the alpha dog in the Utes QB room. The JR made some nice plays on Day 1 of spring football.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post

Just use the long number at the end of the link you copy from twitter between the bracketed portions. And spell twitter correctly in both brackets, I had to misspell the 2nd one with an "l" instead of an "i" to make the text appear in this post.
    I wonder if the second I is what I was missing...

Nope. Didn't work. Huh.

Qb - 2018

It’s actually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the second I is what I was missing...

Nope. Didn't work. Huh.
    I’m seeing the tweet. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to show up.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

I’m seeing the tweet. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to show up.
    Weird. I still don’t see it. I’m on safari though.

Safari does a lot of strange things.

I think it's something weird with vBulletin. Because I get the same thing on Chrome. When I submit, the post shows up blank. But if I refresh the page, the Tweet will then show up. But it looks like what you've done is correct, because I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Thanks for the tweets in both threads, though. I love hearing this stuff. Spring ball is always so full of optimism. It's good for the soul.
    Kool-Aid is just a fun thing to guzzle.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Kool-Aid is just a fun thing to guzzle.
    new transfer Simi Moala is not a small man

Huntley looking a bit more solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    new transfer Simi Moala is not a small man

Goliath ^^^ David VVV

It'll be interesting to see if Taylor can hold Huntley to 6-8 designed runs per game. It's not the designed runs that we worry about anyway. It's the tuck and run.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

In the Covey photo, who is to the left of Whit in the black u of u hat. Is that a relative? Is it Tuttle?

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    In the Covey photo, who is to the left of Whit in the black u of u hat. Is that a relative? Is it Tuttle?
    Yeah - that's Jack Tuttle.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if Taylor can hold Huntley to 6-8 designed runs per game. It's not the designed runs that we worry about anyway. It's the tuck and run.
    I think this is key. I’d only call RPO 6-8 Times a game. Make the rest designed runs. That puts Huntley at 8-12 runs a game. That’s about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    I think it's something weird with vBulletin. Because I get the same thing on Chrome. When I submit, the post shows up blank. But if I refresh the page, the Tweet will then show up. But it looks like what you've done is correct, because I see it.
    Actually, that's because of the Twitter API

When a page is served, I have to count the number of tweets listed on the page so I can give each block a unique identifier (required by the Twitter API). When you do a quick-reply to a post with a tweet, it doesn't go through that counting code, so it doesn't know how to handle the tweet. The refresh fixes it.

The Twitter API is pretty lame.

in other news Tuttle ends up at Indiana

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...er/2336246002/

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    in other news Tuttle ends up at Indiana

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...er/2336246002/
    Could do worse I. Solid academics, pretty campus, chance to play, and I think I read it's his dad's alma mater so there's some meaning in attending there.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    And after he gets beat out for the starting job, he can quit football and lead a team in the little 500.
    He'll have to contend with Moocher.

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Marmot View Post
    He'll have to contend with Moocher.
    And he will have to speak Italian.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    And he will have to speak Italian.
    No more ini food!
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    no more ini food!
    "refund??!"