Thread: Nate Cooper should die of gonorrhea and roast in hell...Utah at byu

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Utebiquitous View Post
    Tooblue,
    I know you exist to just troll but are you really going to criticize Larry for an honest expression? I find his candor refreshing. The U - led by his candor - was pretty clear from the start on this one. They wanted the Y - particularly Dave Rose and Nick Emery - to act like reasonable adults and simply apologize. Rose's inaction that evening exacerbated the situation. You may not have been watching but from my vantage point I wasn't nearly as angered by Emery's cheap shot (they happen on both sides) as his profanity-laced tirade at Coach K as the referees sorted things out. Rose did nothing to restrain Emery or his assistant coach, Tim LaComb. Certainly, heat of the battle or moment comes to mind so you'd think a visit to the locker room following the game would happen. It didn't. All right, a phone call during the next week or two. It didn't happen. Any coach or player choosing that inaction loses a lot of my respect but adding the prism of representing the LDS Church makes it egregious.

Kudos to Larry for dealing honestly with the media then and now. Kudos to Emery for finally taking care of things. I respect him for it. Now, if only Rose would step forward and acknowledge his significant part in the conflict.

By the way, I'd love to see the relationship between Coach K and Emery blossom into a transfer to the U. I'd love to have better shooting on this team next season.
    There was nothing honest about Larry Krystkowiak's actions. He flat out lied to the media by suggesting his concern was for player safety. The moment Larry Krsytkowiak chose to cancel the series he made this situation all about HIM, rendering his actions deplorable as those of a 21 year old idiot kid. That's pathetic, so yes, I am going to criticize him for his candor, offered years later only after being humiliated in his narcissism by the Utah state legislature.
    Last edited by tooblue; 12-13-2017 at 04:27 PM.