Thread: A Believer Thread

Hybrid View

Friends, join me in stuffing the ballot box for "Amazing Grace" and "This Land is Your Land". Also, let's trim the fat of the super obscure hymns that tyrannical music leaders love to pick.

https://lds.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2m20pSAlCEcevVb

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Friends, join me in stuffing the ballot box for "Amazing Grace" and "This Land is Your Land". Also, let's trim the fat of the super obscure hymns that tyrannical music leaders love to pick.

Sorry, I put all my eggs in the “Come thou Font” basket.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    Sorry, I put all my eggs in the “Come thou Font” basket.
    Come Thou Fount is a given. They've already said it's leading the voting. But "This Land is Your Land" has just one vote that I know of so far. Come on!
    Last edited by sancho; 05-13-2019 at 11:33 AM.

I'm kind of surprised they wouldn't put this behind the lds.org login... it may solicit some interesting responses being open to the public.

Or........just sing the ones you want and answer email/text during the others. Hey, as a former jock, I can't be bothered with choosing hymns.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

I assume some of the LDS deep cuts are on the cutting block. I'm in favor of nixing "If you could hie to Kolob".

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    I assume some of the LDS deep cuts are on the cutting block. I'm in favor of nixing "If you could hie to Kolob".
    That's an "all or nothing" hymn. If you don't sing all verses, it doesn't make any sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post

I’m cool with This Land Is Your Land so long as we get to sing all of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    I’m cool with This Land Is Your Land so long as we get to sing all of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've always loved the "no trespassing" verse.