Thread: PAC-12 hoops in 2017-2018

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Big 4 game stretch for us. Here's what's on the line:

1) The NCAA tournament.
    2) We can play our way to AT LEAST a 3-seed in Vegas. There's no real difference between a 2 and 3 seed - both would open against good teams, and both would avoid Arizona for as long as possible.
    3) 1st team all conference for Justin Bibbins
    4) COY for Coach K. Utes were picked 7th in the preseason poll. UW was picked 10th. ASU was picked 6th. Is any other coach in the running?
    5) Revenge. We lost by a combined 58 points to UCLA, USC, and CU this season.
    Well, if you are in the east there is a big difference...I think the 3/6 game tips at midnight eastern!

Agree though, should be a fun stretch...please please please take care of business at WSU.

I know the tournament committee doesn't really look at last 10 anymore, but if the Utes could somehow go into Vegas having won 7 in a row, that'd be something, certainly not nothing.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    I know the tournament committee doesn't really look at last 10 anymore, but if the Utes could somehow go into Vegas having won 7 in a row, that'd be something, certainly not nothing.
    I follow a guy on Twitter, Jerry Palm, who insists that the NCAA basketball selection committee is the only group of humans ever assembled that can operate completely free of any bias. "They don't even know what conference a team belongs to." "The name on the jersey might as well be invisible." That kind of crap. I don't really know why I'm still following this guy.

Anyway, the committee may not officially look at last 10 anymore, but it's there. They can't unknow what they know.

USC's Bennie Boatwright is out for the rest of the season.
    Last edited by DrumNFeather; 02-16-2018 at 02:20 PM.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Road Pac12 TEAM Road Home
    +4 (11-3) Arizona (5-2) (6-1)
    +2 (9-5) USC (3-4) (6-1)
    +1 (9-5) UCLA (2-4) (7-1)
    +2 (8-6) Utah (4-4) (4-2)
    0 (7-6) Stanford (2-4) (5-2)
    +1 (7-6) Washington (3-4) (4-2)
    0 (7-6) Oregon (2-4) (5-2)
    0 (7-7) Arizona State (3-4) (4-3)
    0 (7-7) Colorado (1-6) (6-1)
    -2 (5-8) Oregon State (0-6) (5-2)
    -4 (2-11) California (1-6) (1-5)