Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orange Defends the Crown. 2016 NFL season.

Orange Defends the Crown. 2016 NFL season.

Noooo! Booker fumbles on his first NFL carry.

Booker vs Star tonight. Glad to have the NFL back.

Banned
    Broncos win.

Alex Smith 34-48 363 Yards 2 TD 1INT and the game winning rush from 3 yards out.

KC trailed 24-3 in the second half. Win 33-27 in OT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always like MNF, but I'm especially grateful to have a football option tonight while so many are wasting their lives on viewing the election debate. May they never have a debate on a Tuesday or Wednesday!

Go Saints!

Steve Smith on why he came back.

"...and to show you jackasses that at 37 years old I can still play" the jackasses he was referring to were the media.

https://www.facebook.com/baltimorera...3902119846229/

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Steve Smith on why he came back.

"...and to show you jackasses that at 37 years old I can still play" the jackasses he was referring to were the media.

https://www.facebook.com/baltimorera...3902119846229/

Steve Smith Sr. is awesome. He better damn well get in the HOF.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Steve Smith Sr. is awesome. He better damn well get in the HOF.
    He told a DB for Jacksonville this week..."in 5 years you'll be out of the league, and they'll be taking my measurements."
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

What a game last night. Alex Smith with multiple come from behind drives. Booker with some huge plays in the 2nd half. The AFC west is brutal.

So let me get this straight...the Chiefs could win and finish 12-4 while the Texans lose and finish 9-7, the Chiefs would still have to travel to Houston for a wild card game. How is that fair?

Now that college football is over, it's time to switch to the B-side. NFL playoff rooting guide:

1. Chiefs. There is no player in these playoffs more deserving than Alex Smith. There is no coach more deserving than Andy Reid.
    2. Cowboys. Rookie RB/QB winning it all could be one of the greatest stories in NFL history. Garrett is 2nd on the most deserving list.
    3. Packers. Who would complain about an Alex Smith/Aaron Rodgers superbowl?
    4. Steelers. At least they are exciting.
    5. Seahawks. Ball sails 10 feet over WR's head in first quarter on first down. DB reacts as if he just broke up a pass to win the Superbowl. Repeat for 2 hours.
    6. Texans. Meh.
    7. Falcons. So boring.
    8. Patriots. No Gronk? Who am I watching this game for, then?
    Last edited by sancho; 01-12-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Now that college football is over, it's time to switch to the B-side. NFL playoff rooting guide:

1. Chiefs. There is no player in these playoffs more deserving than Alex Smith. There is no coach more deserving than Andy Reid.
    2. Cowboys. Rookie RB/QB winning it all could be one of the greatest stories in NFL history. Garrett is 2nd on the most deserving list.
    5. Seahawks. Ball sails 10 feet over WR's head in first quarter on first down. DB reacts as if he just broke up a pass to win the Superbowl. Repeat for 2 hours.
    6. Texans. Meh.
    7. Patriots. No Gronk? Who am I watching this game for, then?
    8. Falcons. So boring.

Any list that fails to put the Patriots in last is a false list.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    That's compelling. I switched it for you.

I really don't want the Seahawks/Patriots rematch. That was a great game, and we should leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Dallas at 2? Gross.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Dallas at 2? Gross.
    That game was fantastic.

I think green bay dragged a lineman to the ground on that amazing Rodgers throw. They never call a hold in that situation, unless it's the chiefs. What a weak call with the game on the line.

There are some deficiencies in his game, and I get why people may not care for him, but Russell Westbrook is the best athlete to play basketball.

In a league full of elite athletes, when he turns it on... I've never seen anybody go from the 3 point line to the rim as quick as he does. It's freakish.

"It's like watching Usain Bolt play basketball"

"Nuclear Athleticism"

Raiders file paperwork to move to Vegas. Pretty interesting to go from zero professional teams to possibly two in less than a year. The stadium could also be a valuable resource to the conference. Maybe host some interesting OOC neutral site games, obviously the Pac-12 championship game would be a perfect match, but I would also think that the Vegas Bowl would look into moving and increasing prestige.

Last edited by Dwight Schr-Ute; 01-19-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Raiders file paperwork to move to Vegas. Pretty interesting to go from zero professional teams to possibly two in less than a year. The stadium could also be a valuable resource to the conference. Maybe host some interesting OOC neutral site games, obviously the Pac-12 championship game would be a perfect match, but I would also think that the Vegas Bowl would look into moving and increasing prestige.
    Nice of you to post the fake new logo....

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Nice of you to post the fake new logo....

I figured you'd appreciate it. And, it's probably better than anything we'll come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    I figured you'd appreciate it. And, it's probably better than anything we'll come up with.
    Guessing they won't change their logo at all. Haven't when they've flopped back and forth between northern and southern cal

6. Texans. Meh.
    7. Falcons. So boring.
    8. Patriots. No Gronk? Who am I watching this game for, then?
    Well, we ended up with one of the least compelling Superbowl matchups possible out of that group. There is zero buzz in the air for this game.

Well, we ended up with one of the least compelling Superbowl matchups possible out of that group. There is zero buzz in the air for this game.

I dont understand why. I think the deflategate theme is compelling. I want the Patriots to win just to see them stick it to Goodell post game.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    I dont understand why. I think the deflategate theme is compelling. I want the Patriots to win just to see them stick it to Goodell post game.
    I think that is the storyline that is getting the most push, and I just don't think people find it compelling. Revenge stories usually aren't as strong as redemption stories or glory stories. And, in this case, the revenge is for something that really didn't hurt the Patriots anyway.

It feels like there are no famous characters to love or hate in this game. Matt Ryan? Malcolm Butler? Julio Jones? All kinda bland. Brady is already established as a pantheon QB, win or lose. Gronk is out, so they show him in the press box every other minute. It's just a couple of very good, somewhat boring teams.

Just cheer for Eric Rowe as he goes against Julio Jones all game.

And also cheer for Matt Ryan, and congratulate him again for turning down an offer from BYU.

I'm giving this game 5 more minutes. If you don't have a team in this it might b the most boring super bowl ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    I'm giving this game 5 more minutes. If you don't have a team in this it might b the most boring super bowl ever.
    Hope you stuck around.

Hope you stuck around.
    I did. Unbelievable. That catch.

Super Bowl MVP....a coin.

It's been a pretty bad year in politics and just a so-so year for movies, but I think the past 12 months have been the best ever in terms of championship sports. The NCAA basketball title, the NBA series, the World Series, the NCAA football championship game, and now this. Personally, I only went 2/5 in those events, but what a year.

So...no way Kyle-ball would have lost that game. Once you get a 25 point lead in the NFL in the 2nd half, you can win by never throwing the ball again. Even if the run game isn't working. There's gonna be a lot of 2nd guessing in Atlanta.

So...no way Kyle-ball would have lost that game. Once you get a 25 point lead in the NFL in the 2nd half, you can win by never throwing the ball again. Even if the run game isn't working. There's gonna be a lot of 2nd guessing in Atlanta.
    Ding ding ding! Kyle gets killed for going conservative with a lead, but there's no way he loses that game. If ATL just runs the ball on every snap after the 25 point lead they win. Such a wasted opportunity. My heart hurts for Atlanta fans, that is one of the all-time heartbreakers.