Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official Gambling Thread *For Entertainment Purposes Only* (Mostly Football)

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    K state +7.5
    Michigan -14
    Michigan st -22.5
    bet each them tease the two team combos. also parlay the three and hook them for 6-1 (not included in my weekly picks % just a good parlay)

Snyder is 69 % ATS IN BIG 12 games.

Maryland has qb issues
    Purdue stinks

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Not the best week as I'm 28-12 for the year but still at 70%

Here's is this week's action:

Oklahoma -16.5
    Duke -12.5
    App st -15.5
    LA tech -10.5
    Boise st -15.5
    Lsu -13
    Mich st -14.5
    Utah st -11.5
    Utah -7
    tease utah in 2 team tease combos with lsu, duke & Utah st,
    worth a $5 parlay @ 6-1 utah, lsu Oklahoma

Last edited by Mormon Red Death; 10-06-2015 at 05:57 PM.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Folks if you want to make a quick buck take the Patriots and steelers this weekend. Especially the pats
    NFL picks
    Steelers +3.5
    Kc -9
    Patriots -9.5
    Undefeated teams 16-4 ATS AFTER BYE since 1991

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Not the best week as I'm 28-12 for the year but still at 70%

Here's is this week's action:

Oklahoma -16.5
    Duke -12.5
    App st -15.5
    LA tech -10.5
    Boise st -15.5
    Lsu -13
    Mich st -14.5
    Utah st -11.5
    Utah -7
    tease utah in 2 team tease combos with lsu, duke & Utah st,
    worth a $5 parlay @ 6-1 utah, lsu Oklahoma

8-4 this week which puts me at 36-16 or 69.2% for the year. This is shaping up to be a banner year.

8-4 this week which puts me at 36-16 or 69.2% for the year. This is shaping up to be a banner year.

Houston -19.5
    N. Illinois -15.5
    App st -11
    Ole miss -10
    Utah st +9.5
    tease Utah st in two team combos with the rest. worth a $5 parlay Utah st, Ole miss app st

Take Atlanta -3 & Stanford -7 tonight

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post

On a related note, I think these fantasy sites are walking a thin line. It reminds me of the online poker boom. They're advertising everywhere, there's certainly a large skill aspect to the game, mixed with a little luck. And they're far more audacious in their advertising methods than the poker sites ever were. The poker sites advertised their play money sites, and let the consumer find their way to the pay money sites. Maybe Draft Kings is doing likewise; I honestly haven't paid attention. Not only that, but the NFL has more clout behind it in Washington than the poker sites ever have had or will have. The existence of these fantasy sites is a severe contradiction to how Congress has treated online poker (which targets the banks), and how the Wire Act is currently interpreted (which is geared toward bettors).
    http://www.economist.com/blogs/econo...st-explains-11

I've gotta tip my cap to SoCalPat. Nobody uses the past to see the future as well as he does.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Houston -19.5
    N. Illinois -15.5
    App st -11
    Ole miss -10
    Utah st +9.5
    tease Utah st in two team combos with the rest. worth a $5 parlay Utah st, Ole miss app st

6-2 including Atlanta/Stanford. I bow to your wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    6-2 including Atlanta/Stanford. I bow to your wisdom.
    You are missing the two team teases! 9-3 amigo!

Last edited by Mormon Red Death; 10-18-2015 at 05:48 PM.

Houston -19.5
    N. Illinois -15.5
    App st -11
    Ole miss -10
    Utah st +9.5

CHOO CHOO!!!! MONEY TRAIN LEAVING THE STATION!

9-3 for the week 45 -19 for the season puts me at a little over 70% for the year.

I'll give some games a shot this week:

GA Southern at App St 62.5 Over
    Toledo -14.5
    Florida St -5.5
    Wazzou +7
    Miami (FL) +210 on the moneyline

Toledo -14.5
    Florida St -5.5
    Wazzou +7
    Yes. .. yes come to the dark side young sky walker

Yes. .. yes come to the dark side young sky walker

I love gambling on sports, I'm just awful at it!

CHOO CHOO!!!! MONEY TRAIN LEAVING THE STATION!

9-3 for the week 45 -19 for the season puts me at a little over 70% for the year.

Memphis -10.5
    Toledo -14
    Bgsu -14
    Nc state -10
    S. Miss -16
    Utah +3.5
    two team tease lock of the week Memphis with toledo

Worth a 6-1 odds parlay
    Memphis, toledo, nc state

Memphis -10.5
    Toledo -14
    Bgsu -14
    Nc state -10
    S. Miss -16
    Utah +3.5
    two team tease lock of the week Memphis with toledo

Worth a 6-1 odds parlay
    Memphis, toledo, nc state

Folks 6-1 (and I hit the parlay) for the week 51-20 for the year. 72%!!!!

Toledo -14.5
    Florida St -5.5
    Wazzou +7
    2-3. That Miami ML bet is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    http://www.economist.com/blogs/econo...st-explains-11

I've gotta tip my cap to SoCalPat. Nobody uses the past to see the future as well as he does.
    Just saw this. Thanks for the kudos! Since I'm on a bit of a roll here, I'll expound further.

The NFL used its clout to carve out an extension for fantasy sports in the Unlawful Internet Gaming Enforcement Act. But nobody foresaw the rise of daily fantasy sites like Draft Kings/Fan Duel (Sidebar: Any CFB fan should feel like a fool for concocting conference realignment scenarios rather than exploring how to exploit money-making abilities from fantasy sports. I know I feel that way.). The money pouring into DFS is the same money that would/was going toward online poker.

Almost everything about the foundation of DFS and online poker is identical (A good piece on one very fundamental tipping point can be found here: http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/02/onlin...e-winners.html ). Only the perceptions that people have of both are different. The best comparison I can find from a sports perspective is the NFL/AFL in the 1960s. We know how that turned out.

I expect something similar to happen with DFS and online poker -- the huge difference here is that individual states are free to act on their own perceptions and act accordingly. Online poker and money transactions to online sites are legal in Nevada, Delaware and New Jersey, for example. Pro sports are often afforded huge advantages on the federal level with regard to the national market that individual states simply cannot fight (that dye was cast when baseball received immunity from anti-trust laws; the other major sports expect similar treatment, if not explicitly so). The money that floats in DFS (and previously, online poker) will make this an issue that simply is too big for the states to manage individually. Congress absolutely has to step in and rewrite existing laws to allow both to operate freely in the U.S.

Folks 6-1 (and I hit the parlay) for the week 51-20 for the year. 72%!!!!

Louisville -11
    LA tech -12
    Marshall -19
    Stanford -12
    Michigan -13.5
    Boise st -19.5
    Memphis -31
    Houston -9
    Two team Tease lock of the week Louisville and Stanford
    Worth a 6 -1 Parlay Houston, Boise st and Michigan

Louisville -11 L
    LA tech -12 W
    Marshall -19 W
    Stanford -12 L
    Michigan -13.5 L
    Boise st -19.5 W
    Memphis -31 L
    Houston -9 W
    Two team Tease lock of the week Louisville and Stanford L
    Worth a 6 -1 Parlay Houston, Boise st and Michigan
    4-5 for the week. 55-25 or 68.8% for the year. Picks coming later

4-5 for the week. 55-25 or 68.8% for the year. Picks coming later

Michigan -12
    Ohio st -17
    Ark St -14.5
    OK st -14
    App st -17.5
    tease mich & Ohio st
    worth a 3 team parlay mich and Ohio st &OK st

Michigan -12
    Ohio st -17
    Ark St -14.5
    OK st -14
    App st -17.5
    tease mich & Ohio st
    worth a 3 team parlay mich and Ohio st &OK st

4-2 for the week which puts the season totals at 59-27 or 68.6% for the year.

Who's ready? I sure as hell am!!! Football back.. BTW in case you missed it I was 68% last year!!!!!! that is serious money making folks. Ok on to the picks:
    Lets start with some win totals:
    U Wash Under 9 wins
    Utah over 7.5
    USC over 7.5
    Carolina Panthers over 10.5

I had Cal at -20 push
    SMU -10.5
    LSU -10
    Tease Lsu and Smu
    Oregon St +13
    Tease Ore st with Tennessee -14.5 (tease line)
    Tease UCLA +9 & USC +17.5 (teased lines)
    Anything you all like out there?

Who's ready? I sure as hell am!!! Football back.. BTW in case you missed it I was 68% last year!!!!!! that is serious money making folks. Ok on to the picks:
    U Wash Under 9 wins
    Utah over 7.5
    USC over 7.5

I had Cal at -20 push
    SMU -10.5
    LSU -10
    Tease Lsu and Smu
    Oregon St +13
    What does the tease line mean?
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I'll take WVU +10 over Missouri.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    What does the tease line mean?
    you get 6 points.

Alabama -11.5, Clemson -7.5, Texas straight-up

Alabama -11.5, Clemson -7.5, Texas straight-up
    2-1.

week 2:
    GaSouthern -13 at South Alabama.
    Virginia +24.5 at Oregon.
    Arkansas at TCU 58.5 OVER
    Oakland at New Orleans 50.5 OVER
    Jacksonville +5.5 vs Green Bay

U Wash Under 9 wins
    Utah over 7.5
    USC over 7.5

I had Cal at -20 push
    SMU -10.5
    LSU -10
    Tease Lsu and Smu
    Oregon St +13
    Not the start I was hoping for but still time to make $$$$ 2-4

Maryland -10
    Louisville -14.5
    Boston College -17
    GA southern -13
    New Mexico -12.5
    i unit each
    Tease Maryland and lville 2 units
    Tease GA southern, new Mexico 2 units
    Parlay 1 unit Maryland. Lville, new Mexico
    Teasee duke and over 38.5 2 units
    Tease utah +3 and navy +2 2 units

Not the start I was hoping for but still time to make $$$$ 2-4

Maryland -10 w
    Louisville -14.5 w
    Boston College -17 w
    GA southern -13 w
    New Mexico -12.5 l
    i unit each
    Tease Maryland and lville 2 units w
    Tease GA southern, new Mexico 2 units l
    Parlay 1 unit Maryland. Lville, new Mexico
    Teasee duke and over 38.5 2 units l
    Tease utah +3 and navy +2 2 units w

6-3 for week puts me at 8-7 53.3%. You need 52.4% to break even so I'm making money

Here is this week's action
    Asu -18
    Usf -14
    Sdsu -10.5
    Wky -17.5
    Bama -10
    Utah -13
    1 unit
    Tease asu & Bama 2 units
    Tease Sdsu & Wky 2 units

"Boston College at Va. Tech...neither of these teams could score in a whore house. Take the under." - Clay Travis.