Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
I'm going to be down that direction this week/weekend. I've got smallish kids (5-11yos) and I think we've exhausted our kid friendly hike knowledge. Any recommendations for a similar hike that'd be okay for kids (I'll most likely be carrying the 5yo for most of whatever we do. She is weak and would be eaten by the wolves in the olden days).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For what it is worth, my kids are 5 (6 in September), 9, and 10. We have done a number of hikes this summer so they are pretty good at it. The water does keep them distracted though.

Off of the top of my head...

There is one in Kolob Canyon called Taylor Creek that is pretty easy and beautiful. You have to pay for entrance into Zion to do it but you get the Kolob area to yourself. Most people go to the Springdale area. But you can also get into that area with this entrance fee if you want.

Snow Canyon near St George is also pretty neat. The kids can play on the sand dunes. There is some lava tubes you can hike to. Very hot this time of year.

Sand Hollow is a place where the kids can put their feet in the lake. Lots of bugs though.

Cedar Breaks is amazing. I haven't done any hikes there but you need to get out and walk around to see the amazing views. Nice and cool this time of year.