Thread: Life in the Trump Era, Part 2

Hybrid View

I flipped between Fox News and CNN for their post impeachment coverage last night. Both were equally embarrassing in their pandering to their customer base. I tire of it. Its unwatchable and cringe-worthy. I hope future generations are smarter than we are and simply want facts not distorted biased opinions on each and every piece of information.

Reading Fox News vs reading CNN is like getting all your sports information from either UFn or Cougarboard: it seems like there are two different realities being projected.

fair point

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    I flipped between Fox News and CNN for their post impeachment coverage last night. Both were equally embarrassing in their pandering to their customer base. I tire of it. Its unwatchable and cringe-worthy. I hope future generations are smarter than we are and simply want facts not distorted biased opinions on each and every piece of information.
    That’s not likely to happen unless something changes.

Current trends are for the youngest generation to not do their own research, but instead rely on someone (or something like Alexa) to provide it for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But, I also believe that they tend to use many more sources for reference rather than just one TV channel.

So, they'll ask Alexa or Google for information on a topic, then skim 20 different sources

RIP to my favorite two presidential candidates: Cory Booker and Michael Bennett. I guess it's Klobuchar time.

Whatever happened to that Starbucks dude who was going to run?

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    RIP to my favorite two presidential candidates: Cory Booker and Michael Bennett. I guess it's Klobuchar time.

Whatever happened to that Starbucks dude who was going to run?
    Don't sleep on Buttigieg. Sure, he's only 26, but I like him!

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Don't sleep on Buttigieg. Sure, he's only 26, but I like him!
    He's on my list! They're all on the list. In 2016, I felt good about voting for Alex Smith, knowing that my vote doesn't matter in Colorado. In 2020, I think I need to vote against Donald Trump just to feel good about myself.

Behind the Ukraine Aid Freeze: 84 Days of Conflict and Confusion

Interviews with dozens of current and former administration officials, congressional aides and others, previously undisclosed emails and documents, and a close reading of thousands of pages of impeachment testimony provide the most complete account yet of the 84 days from when Mr. Trump first inquired about the money to his decision in September to relent.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/behind-the-ukraine-aid-freeze-84-days-of-conflict-and-confusion/ar-BBYrot7?ocid=sf
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant