Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
I am not advocating firing anyone. Even though I am not convinced that Taylor or his offense is right for Utah, I think Whit needs to commit to him for at least two more years.
I agree. Get to a bowl game, get in the extra practice, hopefully win the game, then that gives breathing room for a couple more years. If we cough up the last two games, the pressure is acute for next year. We don't want Year 3 to be a formality where everyone suspects it's a dead man walking situation.

More head-scratching from yesterday is our best offensive work was in the air game, where the OL did reasonably well giving Huntley a chance to connect on some long throws.

Huntley was harassed and sacked and had to escape a number of times... but we outgained Wazzu, with less than 100 on the ground? Remarkable. It says a lot about TH, and the receivers, and the OL wasn't a complete sieve in pass protection. (Of course, Wazzu didn't get the opportunity to rack up a lot of yardage.)

And they fought to the end, with a shot to take it to OT. That's the biggest positive.