Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
This is old news, but I just read the opinion piece penned in the NYT by Comey, the comments are interesting because they run the gambit of emotions about the man. His defense in the column is similar to what I had suspected about him, although the IG report seems a pretty fair assessment: basically he made a judgment call, and it turned out to be poor judgment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/o...mentsContainer

Thinking back, I can't help but be critical of Loretta Lynch who could have done one of two ethical things that would have avoided the whole mess: recuse herself, or never allow her meeting on the tarmac with Bill Clinton to happen. But here is the ironic thing if we REALLY chase this thing to the end: The person at fault for the whole fiasco and potentially ultimately the defeat of HRC is... Bill Clinton.

Had he not pursued a meeting with Loretta Lynch on the airport tarmac, Comey would have felt no need to announce the conclusion of the HRC investigation and followed protocol and allowing Lynch to announce it. Further at that point in October, he also would have no need to announce the investigation was being reopened. He simply would have reported that to an uncompromised Lynch and leave it at that.

What an interesting, ironic and pivotal time in our history. Will we ever look back and recognize it for that?
I have thought the same thing--it all goes back to Bill Clinton. What an incredible lapse of judgment. But he is another guy who is oblivous to the rules, or thinks they don't apply to him. I don't blame Lynch so much, based on what I read about it. He sort of bounded onto the plane and she was sort of trapped. She acknowledged later that she should have cut it off or kicked him out, but that is hard to do to the ex-pres.