Thread: What to do About ISIS?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
    I suppose you now believe we should have left Saddam in power and allowed him to thumb his nose at UN weapons inspections and no-fly zones. He should have been left free to spend billions on arms and weaponry after completely disregarding all restrictions placed on him after the original Gulf War? So we didn't destabilize the fawkin' G.D. crazy ass region.
    I think there were options short of invading, removing Saddam from power and occupying Iraq.

The sanctions regime was eroding, and absolutely needed to be strengthened. And we had to get inspectors back into Iraq. There were also military operations short of invasion and occupation, but would have been steps employed more than once over time to keep Saddam in his box.
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by USS Utah View Post
    I think there were options short of invading, removing Saddam from power and occupying Iraq.

The sanctions regime was eroding, and absolutely needed to be strengthened. And we had to get inspectors back into Iraq. There were also military operations short of invasion and occupation, but would have been steps employed more than once over time to keep Saddam in his box.
    Hindsight is always 20/20. Where were these voices then?