Thread: Official Utah Utes 2018 Football Season Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Whit always has another great back.
    Sure, he's good with rbs, dlineman and has a pretty strong record on DBs. But that new back would need to be seasoned (like moss). It took two years of medicore/decent moss before this year's version of moss. Call me selfish, but I want one more yr.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Sure, he's good with rbs, dlineman and has a pretty strong record on DBs. But that new back would need to be seasoned (like moss). It took two years of medicore/decent moss before this year's version of moss. Call me selfish, but I want one more yr.
    Shyne has another year.

TJ Green has shown flashes.

Devonte Henry-Cole will be back next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Shyne has another year.

TJ Green has shown flashes.

Devonte Henry-Cole will be back next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think Green or DHC are every back downs. They are more change of pace guys, although Green could surprise us. His body is much better than it was when he came in. Shyne just seems to have lost a step, I don't think we want to rely on him as a primary back. I think we might need Brumfield or a newcomer (possibly Micah Bernard).

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Our preferred mold is bruiser, but we've worked with the slasher-type before (wolfman). Shyne could certainly be a short yardage back with Green in on 1st/2nd downs. Taylor has to be creative to use what he has.

I don't know anything about pass protection from these guys. Actually, I don't know how good Moss is on that either.
    Moss is pretty damn good at pass pro (both in identifying and executing). He misses a few blitz reads here and there but he's generally pretty solid.

I don't like what I've seen from Shyne this year. He is terrible in pass protection and as Scratch notes he has lost a little juice. It's probably understandable given his injury and wanting to be cautious, but if he were our go-to guy we would be in trouble. DHC is what he is - a speedster. I don't see him as an top guy; he's more of a change-of-pace guy.

Green, on the other hand, is intriguing to me. He's a RS freshman so there is room to grow, his body is better than when he arrived (good sign both on the genetics side and the work ethic side), and some of his runs he has displayed a burst that I didn't know that he had. I have hope for him. But, there would be serious growing pains with him as #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Hopefully Moss hasn't paid any attention to what has happened (or not happened) to Bryce Love this year and sees no risk of coming back for his senior year.