Thread: Good finds on Netflix

Hybrid View

Just started watching HBO mini-series "Our Boys". It is an Israeli show of the investigation of the kidnapping and murder of an Arab boy a few days after the kidnapping and murder of 3 Jewish boys in Jerusalem. These events occurred in the summer of 2014. We were scheduled to visit in October 2014 and watched closely what was occurring there that summer. We eventually went on the trip. While in Jerusalem an Arab man suspected of involvement in some serious crimes against Jews was killed by police in a raid. We were visiting Hezekiah's Tunnel the day it happened and shortly after leaving the tunnel we heard several bursts of automatic weapons, a lot of shouting and dogs barking. Our bus could not get to our location to pick us up and we were required to enter a former drainage tunnel and walk to an area where it was safe for the bus to collect us. Anyway, the show is excellent. This is the 3rd or 4th Israeli show I have watched and they have all been excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Just started watching HBO mini-series "Our Boys". It is an Israeli show of the investigation of the kidnapping and murder of an Arab boy a few days after the kidnapping and murder of 3 Jewish boys in Jerusalem. These events occurred in the summer of 2014. We were scheduled to visit in October 2014 and watched closely what was occurring there that summer. We eventually went on the trip. While in Jerusalem an Arab man suspected of involvement in some serious crimes against Jews was killed by police in a raid. We were visiting Hezekiah's Tunnel the day it happened and shortly after leaving the tunnel we heard several bursts of automatic weapons, a lot of shouting and dogs barking. Our bus could not get to our location to pick us up and we were required to enter a former drainage tunnel and walk to an area where it was safe for the bus to collect us. Anyway, the show is excellent. This is the 3rd or 4th Israeli show I have watched and they have all been excellent.
    ohhh, I'll have to check that out. HBO typically does high quality stuff.

A couple of HBO series that I've watched lately that are excellent:

Chernobyl

The Night Of

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    ohhh, I'll have to check that out. HBO typically does high quality stuff.

A couple of HBO series that I've watched lately that are excellent:

Chernobyl

The Night Of
    I watched Chernobyl and thought it was one of the best things I have watched in a long time. At first I scoffed a little at the lies told by the Soviet government and then I remembered the lies told by the US Govt. throughout Viet Nam.