Thread: The path for homosexuals in LDS theology

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Why? There really is nothing to be afraid of re:gay marriage and the temple.
    I think you are more trusting in the reasonableness of people and in the logic of law than I am. More trusting in the constitution. The constitutions seems rather flexible to this outsider.

I'm not saying I think anything crazy is imminent; I can just imagine crazy things happening in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I think you are more trusting in the reasonableness of people and in the logic of law than I am. More trusting in the constitution. The constitutions seems rather flexible to this outsider.

I'm not saying I think anything crazy is imminent; I can just imagine crazy things happening in the future.
    It's true that I am more patriotic than you. Thanks for the aknowledgement.

The Constitution is pretty vague about a lot of things and completely silent about a whole host of things. But on freedom of religion it is pretty clear. The government is not going to be able to dictate who religions choose to marry.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    It's true that I am more patriotic than you. Thanks for the aknowledgement.
    You are in capital city - of course you are more patriotic than me. But I'm the one here campaigning for "This Land Is Your Land" in the LDS hymnbook, so I'm no slouch.